Recognize the struggle
Every company is unique. Every workflow is nuanced.
- You buy products you need but they overlap with other systems in use;
- If some solution solves a bigger pain but introduces a set of smaller ones, you tolerate them because, well, do you have a choice?
- Your team ends up with complex workflows, multiple systems to use, overlapping data to log, confusing rules that change seemingly every month.
A great deal of those pains (whether incurred by growth or not) may indicate mistakes in choosing product solutions in the past.
We at Inbill know this problem firsthand, that’s why we are a hybrid SaaS business: offering both products and services.
So does my company need a product or a service?
This is the wrong question, in the long run you need both. The right question is how to be strategic about that?
- If you are a small business or a little startup, you are happy to use products because all your operational needs are already there, covered.
- If you are an enterprise, you can afford to demand service treatment from all vendors, including purely product ones.
- In between lies the transitional, poorly understood territory.
Successfully navigating the “Here be dragons” territory requires thinking forward about how the products and solutions you use will scale with your growth and accommodate your increasingly complex workflows.
Here’s where hybrid business models shine:
- A vendor can provide you a generic product that solves your immediate need at a standard subscription price with no startup fees;
- As you grow and your needs become increasingly sophisticated, you can have customizations and new custom products on the existing basis for a fraction of typical service vendors’ costs.
Inbill = your billing data + our custom products
Our parent company, Skalfa LLC, is also a hybrid product-service venture, and this is not a co-incidence. It’s been operating since 2004 and we know a lot about the day-to-day pains of companies who only use products and don’t plan for services.
At Inbill our goal is to help your business grow. We recognize that we can only achieve this goal if we accommodate not only your current state but also your growth trajectory.
Inbill core products
- Maintaining and synchronizing billing data from your payment gateways;
- Helpdesk apps to enable info lookup and managing payments, subscriptions, refunds in support tickets;
- Payment requests/invoices;
- Feeding data updates back to your payment gateways and to 3rd party apps through API;
- Standard reports/metrics.
Available with no contracts for standard SaaS prices.
Inbill custom products + services
- Custom gateways;
- Custom reports;
- Custom infrastructure setups;
- Product add-ons (like shipping info, non-billing operations with profiles, etc);
- Custom billing products/metrics;
- … even moarr custom™!
Available at a fraction of typical service vendors’ costs, because based on the existing Inbill product/data infrastructure.
Relationship is everything
When you grow with us, we get to know your business from inside, thus being able to make educated suggestions of what you need to keep growing. This is a completely different story compared to shopping for a new vendor that seemingly supports your scale and to take a gamble with changing your workflow again.
Here’s the list of typical custom products and add-ons we do for customers with pricing: